Monday, January 7, 2013

Thriving for adventure in 2013

A new year, another try at blogging!

It is so funny how we try each year to quickly accomplish a few more things before the year is out and the new Year rings in, just so we can check at least something off our list as accomplished, and move into the next year with a little less guild and more room for fresh goals. At least our family (or perhaps mostly me) does that.

The last sermon at our church was great and so very thought  provoking. It made me realize how often this last year our focus had been completely off, and  because of it many of OUR goals last year didn't get accomplished.
We had OUR goals, wanted it OUR way and accomplished in OUR time!

Pastor Jim shared a devotion from the book "Jesus Calling", by Sarah Young for January 1.


Its a new year, and I have a great adventure planned for you. Come to me with a heart that is willing to be changed. Don't make the same mistakes you made last year.
This year try doing things My way.

I know something new can be frightening. But I also know you, and I understand you completely. You can trust Me to wrap you up in My love - a love that never ends.

Whether you are at home or in school or at work. Whatever you do, keep me in your thoughts. Let me guide you. I will take you on a journey that will change who you are and how you see the world and the people around you. Yes, I have great plans for you, and I will be with you every step of the way!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

We forgot often to look for god, To listen to his cal and follow him. This year we are looking forward to discovering his path for our family. We are eager to have our hearts changed and excited what this journey might hold for us. 

I wrote this devotion out, because I know it is the perfect way to start the year out and I also know that I will have to look back at this one many times throughout this coming year.

So, I welcome you along to stop by occasionally and follow our little journey this year. I am hoping to share some encouragement, tips and tricks and DIY projects as I always seem to be working on something, maybe get to share some schooling ideas, and update the family blog for friends and family near and far.

Another thing we are trying to change this year is our diet and the way we exercise (or don't) as a family, finances and most importantly the depth in our relationship with our Father.
I will share our ups and downs, little successes and mishaps as we live them this year. Perhaps you'll be able to relate to some, perhaps find some encouragement or are able to give some. 

See you soon,

Marion & the rest of the tribe




No comments: