Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE first blog!!!!!! Oh no, what to write, what to write???????

So here we are quickly trying to start this blog before the year is over!

Meant to do this for a very long time and even sat here last 12/31 but then backed out thinking I didn't have anything interesting to share, didn't have my life together enough to share or compare next to most of the other blogging, ever happy, perfect moms, perfect in love couples, all successful families out there, while being totally sincere and not fake.
Had these grand ideas but none started or ready enough to share....

Well, I learned many lessons this year and perhaps some will be shared as time goes on and I figure all this out! But anyways, nobody has it all together (at least not if there are totally honest) and if things are going super smooth right now, count your blessings because something really big could come your way anytime.

I do not like the super happy, always perfect, fake seeming blogs. That's just not me. I am not fake, I usually do tell it as I see it (which sometimes is a terrible thing, sometimes a blessing) that just comes when you are passionate about many tough issues as I am.
When in doubt I try very hard to keep God's perspective in mind.

The last few years have not been all that easy for us, mainly due to my own personal issues, my health, leaving my job field permanently,  hubby's deployment, building this crazy addition (pics will finally follow), immigration of my mom, of course some finances (we all are familiar with those) some very sad losses across the seas and many other little things. Well just life, I guess.

BUT, today is my 18th anniversary!!! And as I reflect on the year past, I can only count my blessings for having a absolutely great guy for a husband! He is the most kind, grace full and sweet person I know even so I seem to forget that at times, hey perhaps a good New-Years resolution in here.
Our children are so lovely and sweet, Oma is a great blessing every day and Connie just got married to this really sweet guy Steven! And if I look closely I am not as alone as sometimes it feels. I love our church family, we have a great small group and many caring friends, old and new!

We are looking forward to a great 2012.
It's amazing how blessed we are when we really think about it. All our little issues are not so big if you look at the world and all the everyday suffering people have to endure. I love Africa and India. Uganda always seemed closest to my heart and just taking a moment to think of everything happening there, puts my life totally in perspective.

So I look outside to see my family playing in the backyard, and that's exactly what I am gonna do now: joining them with dog Nell and our crazy chickens enjoying the fresh, crisp winter air!

Hope you'll check in occasionally as my blog hopefully gets more interesting  to see what we are up to and where god will lead us this year. We are very excited about all the changes that seem to lay ahead in our future and are looking forward to sharing our little adventures with you all!

till next year,
Marion

1 comment:

HopeE said...

I love that you started a blog! I look forward to following along with you and your family through it this year!